School Nurse: Patricia Attenborough Click for important information from the school nurse!
Contact information: 463-1900 ext.1205 or email@example.com
Assistant Nurse: Marie Serrano
Contact information: 463-1900 ext. 1205 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note from the School Nurse
We are in the middle of Flu Season! Just wanted to give some reminders of how to help avoid getting the Flu!! Here are some suggestions from the CDC:
- Stay away from people who are sick.
- If your child is sick with flu illness, try to keep him or her in a separate room from others in the household, if possible.
- CDC recommends that your sick child stay home for at least 24 hours after his or her fever is gone, except to get medical care or for other necessities. The fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after it has been used.
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect hard surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs, including bathroom surfaces, kitchen counters and toys for children. Clean by wiping them down with a household disinfectant according to directions on the product label.
These everyday steps are a good way to reduce your chances of getting sick. However, a yearly flu vaccine is the best protection against flu illness.
Enjoy Your Weekend!!