Riding the bus is a privilege, therefore, the following must be observed in regard to bus transportation:
- The driver is in full charge of the bus and the students at all times.
- While waiting for the bus, pupils should not stand in or play in the road. They should not abuse property of the homeowners living near the bus stop. All students will be ready in the morning at the appropriate time.
- Students should be courteous in lining up, entering and leaving the bus.
- Students should be seated in their assigned seats with their safety restraints buckled at all times.
- All students must remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Pupils must keep their entire bodies on the bus at all times.
- No one should make unnecessary noise, shout, or use objectionable language. The driver may require silence at railroad crossings and elsewhere for safety.
- Students are not permitted to throw articles within the bus or out of the bus windows.
- Pupils should not fight or engage in hazing of any sort or type.
- All students must ride their assigned bus.
- Smoking, use of tobacco products, alcohol, illegal drugs and non-prescription drugs are not allowed on school buses at any time.
- Students shall keep the bus clean.
- There is NO eating or drinking on the school buses. Eating on the school buses poses a risk of choking and potentially endangers students with food allergies. *Exceptions made only to accommodate special needs under federal or similar laws, or school district policy.
Any violation of these rules can result in disciplinary action.